medal users file smartphone

Intrastate Authority

Intrastate commerce is trade, traffic, or transportation within a single State.

If you operate exclusively in intrastate commerce (Intrastate commerce is trade, traffic, or transportation within a single State.) , you must comply with applicable State and local regulations. The only Federal regulations that are applicable to intrastate operations are: the commercial driver's license (CDL) requirement, for drivers operating commercial motor vehicles as defined in 49 CFR 383.5; controlled substances and alcohol testing for all persons required to possess a CDL; and minimum levels of financial responsibility for the intrastate transportation of certain quantities of hazardous materials and substances.

If your intrastate operations are conducted in any of the following states you must secure intrastate authority before you begin operations:
Alabama, Arkansas, California, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.

Application pricing varies form state to state. Please Call Customer Service for a quote.

Order The Package That Will Meet Your Needs


    Motor carriers operating intrastate commercial motor vehicles on a road or highway in Texas must register their operations with the TxDMV’s Motor Carrier Division. You must register as a motor carrier when you: Operate a vehicle (or combination of vehicles) with a gross weight, registered weight or gross-weight rating exceeding 26,000 pounds
    Transport hazardous materials in a quantity that requires placarding
    Operate a farm vehicle with a gross weight, registered weight or gross weight rating of 48,000 pounds or more
    Operate a vehicle designed to transport more than 15 passengers, including the driver
    Operate a commercial school bus
    Transport household goods for compensation, regardless of vehicle weight

    Individules acting as a sole properitors or under a assumed name must provide a copy of their drivers licence and a stamped copy of your assumed name registration



    One Hour Authority will email, immeditely, information on any or all the packages above.


Why One Hour Authority?

  • Established in 2000
  • Registered as a FMCSA Filer
  • Fast, Reliable Customer Service
  • Benefit From Certified Compliance Advisors
  • One Stop For Your Authority Needs
  • Our Resources Provide Results