California Intrastate Authority
Obtaining Motor Carrier Permit (MCP, Intrastate Authority) in California is a 3 step process.
- USDOT Number
- Carrier Identification Number (CA Number)
- MCP (Motor Carrier Permit)
An MCP is a document issued by the DMV’s Registration Operations Division. The MCP is issued to the motor carrier as evidence the carrier has registered their CA Number with the DMV, as required by CVC Section 34620. Additionally, the MCP verifies the motor carrier has met all statutory requirements to commercially operate motor vehicles on California's highways. The MCP contains information specific to the motor carrier (e.g., name, mailing address, CA#, and effective/expiration dates of the MCP).
You will need an MCP if:
- * Any person or business entity that is paid to transport property in their motor vehicle regardless of vehicle size, type, or weight. Entities that transport property for compensation are deemed a 'For-Hire' motor carrier. (Example: If you are a courier service and your vehicle is a motorcycle, you are required to have an MCP.)
- * Generally, any person or business entity operating a commercial vehicle with a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) of 10,001 pounds or more, either for commercial or private use, hauling their own goods or property. Entities operating such vehicles are deemed a 'Private' motor carrier.
- * Operators of any vehicle or a combination of vehicles transporting hazardous materials.
- * Operators of a combination of a motor truck and trailer, semitrailers, pole or pipe dollies, auxiliary dollies, and logging dollies, that exceeds forty feet in length when coupled together. For the purpose of an MCP, a “trailer” excludes camp trailers, utility trailers, and trailer coaches.
- * Operators of any motor vehicle or combination of motor vehicle and trailer for which the operation requires a commercial driver license, except vehicle combinations including camp trailers, utility trailers, and trailer coaches.
Order The Package That Will Meet Your Needs
USDOT NUMBER AND CALIFORNIA IDENTIFICATION (CA) NUMBER - $200.00
You will receive the USDOT number generally within an hour. You will receive your CA Number, by mail, from the state of California.
CALIFORNIA MOTOR CARRIER PERMIT (MCP) COMPLETE PACKAGE - $350.00
You will be provided a USDOT Number, CA Id Number, and a completed California Motor Carrier Permit Application. State application fees are additional and the responsibility of the customer.
INTERSTATE AND INTRASTATE AUTHORITY - $979.00
One Hour Authority offers quick, reliable service to customers obtaining their FMCSA DOT Operating Authority. Increase your earnings today and gain the independence you have been looking for as a professional. Applicant's insurance company will be responsible for filing proof of insurance.(Read INsurance Requirements) The package includes:
- *USDOT Number
- CA ID Number
- CA Motor Carrier Permit Application
- *Completed OP-1 (MC Number)
- *BOC3, Required List of Process Agents (What is the BOC3 ?)
- *Unifed Carrier Registration (UCR) for upto 2 trucks
- *MC Numbers usually emailed back to clients in 1 Hour
- *Cost includes FMCSA fees
- *Cost $979.00
DO YOU WANT INFORMATION ON THE ABOVE EMAILED TO YOU?
One Hour Authority will email, immeditely, information on any or all the packages above.
REQUEST INFORMATION EMAIL
Fleet Management Strategies, One Hour Authority and 1 Hour Process Agents are third party providers of consultive service to assist companies and individuals in acquiring and updating authority, permits and documents required by the Federal Motor Carrier Administration (FMCSA), U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT), State and Local government agencies.
Why One Hour Authority?
- Established in 2000
- Registered as a FMCSA Filer
- Fast, Reliable Customer Service
- Benefit From Certified Compliance Advisors
- One Stop For Your Authority Needs
- Our Resources Provide Results